One of the biggest IT buzz words of the few years, ‘cloud computing’ has brought incredible promise to the world of information technology. Openstack Cloud computing interest has lead to widespread curiosity and awareness of private cloud services.
Pooled computing resources, divided and allocated to different users, have been proven in the development and testing realm of IT to have tremendous benefits.
The driven factors are mentioned below ….
- Existing Inventory
- Plan Additional Resource (if required)
- Build and Configure
- Pool Resources
- Grade Resources
- Bundle Resources
Phases of Journey to Private Cloud in Openstack…
- Phase 1: Existing Inventory
- Phase 2: Determine
- Phase 3: Plan Additional Resources
- Phase 4: Build and Configure
- Phase 5: Deploy OS and Application
- Phase 6: Pool and grade resources
- Phase 7: Create Service Catelogue
- Phase 8: Self Service Portal Deployment
Openstack Private Cloud characteristics
- Single tenancy (exposed only to organizational users).
- Consumers will be internal line of business (LOB) or employees within the organization.
- cloud infrastructure is owned,deployed and managed by the organization’s IT team.
- Cloud Infrastructure is generally hosted on premises or hosted – off premise.
- High security compared to public cloud.
- The IT team has complete control over the deployed infrastructure and applications.
- service management is facilitated by organizations team.